I have never been a fan of texting on cell phones. Not even now that I have a phone with a mini keyboard instead of my old phone where you had to push on the number button that corresponded with the letter you were after multiple times. You see, I have fat fumbs. ;)
Well that is what I used to tell people when they'd ask me to text them sometime. I cannot type as fast as I do on a regular sized keyboard, so by the time I reply with a short sentence, the responder (ie: sister and MG namely) have sent me 3+ messages while waiting for my reply! LOL
Although texting can be convenient with simple yes/no questions, it can also cause a lot of havoc with longer messages. For one, a word maybe missing or misspelled and the entire message has either lost its meaning or caused a misunderstanding. Also, you cannot tell the tone of the message like you can with an actual voice. Is the message sender in a joking mood? Are they upset?
So for all these reasons, I try to keep my texting to a minimum. Other then actual verbal contact I rather stick to email were I can write in proper English grammar with complete though out sentences. I will reply to your text, just don't expect a full fledged conversation.
Which brings me to this bumper sticker seen over the last few months:
"Honk if you love God, Text if you want to see Him right now."
Please don't text n' drive my lovely readers.
Well that is what I used to tell people when they'd ask me to text them sometime. I cannot type as fast as I do on a regular sized keyboard, so by the time I reply with a short sentence, the responder (ie: sister and MG namely) have sent me 3+ messages while waiting for my reply! LOL
Although texting can be convenient with simple yes/no questions, it can also cause a lot of havoc with longer messages. For one, a word maybe missing or misspelled and the entire message has either lost its meaning or caused a misunderstanding. Also, you cannot tell the tone of the message like you can with an actual voice. Is the message sender in a joking mood? Are they upset?
So for all these reasons, I try to keep my texting to a minimum. Other then actual verbal contact I rather stick to email were I can write in proper English grammar with complete though out sentences. I will reply to your text, just don't expect a full fledged conversation.
Which brings me to this bumper sticker seen over the last few months:
"Honk if you love God, Text if you want to see Him right now."
Please don't text n' drive my lovely readers.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.