I'm a dreamer - meaning that I remember most if not all of my dreams that I dream while I sleep. Sometimes I can only recall them for the first few moments after waking, but there are some that stick with me for years. I am also what some would title a "spiritual" person. I believe there is a GOD and his son died for our sins. I pray daily and I am not afraid of death as I believe there is a heaven. Yet I couldn't quote one scripture from the Bible and do not attend church every week. I plain and simply don't feel the need and in my mind/heart that is okay.
I also believe in angels.....this is where this story starts:
Grandpa Joe was my (now ex) husband's grandfather on his father's side. I met him a handful of times before his passing, and remember him as a kind soul that was soft spoken, and whom was tall and frail looking. Quite some time after his death, on a ordinary night, I went to sleep and found myself in midst of a dream. In this dream, grandpa Joe appeared to me, he looked very healthy like I had seen in younger photos of him, and he instinctively asked me to dance (he and his wife enjoyed this activity together while he was alive). Usually I have two left feet, but he was a good lead, sweeping me around the room like I was floating to the music-less dance.
He then said: "Tell them I am okay. Tell them I am happy." That was it. The dream ended and I awoke with my heart pounding. Who was I supposed to tell? Who was worried about him? I hesitated at telling anyone quite frankly. They'd think I am crazy, but I ended up telling my husband first, waking him up from his sleep. It was the first and only time he did not mock my dreams (he always thought I read too much into them.). Later I called my mother in law to hear her thoughts.
She was quiet for a moment and then she insisted that I tell Bud (Joe's son) myself. I told him and he too was quiet then finally said: Thank you. Later I guess Bud told Grandma Sarah and she was happy to hear the news and asked him to thank me for her (she later thanked me herself many years later when she traveled to visit us for the holidays).
I still am curious why grandpa Joe's spirit came to me of all people but I am glad he did.
Sweet dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.