
The Munters were a family that's farm was across the gravel road from a place Tim and ma rented for a short time when I was a babe. Even after moving to the family farm then into town, Barb and I always got excited to go to "the Munters". Playing games in the pasture (which usually involved mud), trying to catch a wild kitten or two, and when we were big enough, ride on the 3-wheeler aka the Green Machine, were all on the list of fun at the Munters! Sometimes my sister and I would stay there for a long weekend or a week in the summer. This is where we'd have to help make dinner by going out to the field in the front of the house and dig up potatoes to fill the bucket. Rene made the best dumplings and we always had vanilla ice cream with Hersey's syrup for desert (thanks to Kenny)!
Kenny and Rene divorced in my teens, but he remarried an equally kind and generous lady named Darlene. Although we not blood related, I am honored to call these people "family", and they hold a very special place in my heart.
I hope you all had a relaxing Labor Day holiday! Until next time.....


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.