Ever since I first moved away from my hometown in 1993 my mother and sister have periodically sent me "goodie boxes" and vice versa. In these boxes were magazines, newspaper articles, photos, spices, candles, soaps, and/or other small gifts. I have enjoyed all my "goodies" over the years, but todays box in the mail was especially awesome, that was because my ma was sending me things from her trunk. The items in the photo above were her Aunt Millie's and she is passing them onto me because of my love of vintage items that thus far has only included things I have found at thrift stores, consignment shops, or given to me by friends.
Isn't it nice to get something in the mail besides bills & catalogs every once in a while? A goodie box isn't neccessary, just send a friend/family member a card or a handwritten letter, bet you will make them smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.