Thursday, June 17, 2010

TUNE IN TOKYO


Some of you may recall that I have mentioned in the past that I am not good at asking for help, instead I'll just figure out a way to do it myself rather to bother someone else. My only explanation is it is a learned behavior that is both a blessing and a curse.

So tonight is no exception. I turned off my basic cable because I came to the conclusion I rarely watch TV; and when I do it's always one of the major four networks that come free without cable anyways, so I figured I was throwing the $22.00 ($250.oo+/yr) over my shoulder when I could use it for way more fun things like (but not limited too):

shoes & handbags
vintage items of sorts
road trips
bicycle equipment
camera equipment

My Zinwell analog converter box and Tivax antenna arrived in the mail (cheaper + no shipping on amazon.com then to purchase either locally....sad but true.) to which I read the manual and started to piece them together via the instructions on the "quick set-up guide". HA!

Two hours later I am still looking at a black n' white fuzzy screen sucking on a Edy's pomegranate flavored popsicle with a pounding headache. I am starting to vaguely recall that when I moved here and spent the first week w/out cable I couldn't get any channels on my rabbit years.
Hmmmmmm........

I haven't completely given up hope, however, I could unhook my mess and try it on my smaller TV in the bedroom to see if it is just the way I have it connected to the flat screen with all it's multiple inputs and outputs, yet I rather paint my toenails. Or I may just need end up having to ask around for help to figure out my electronic induced confusion.

Balls.

Stay tuned........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.