
That is the sound on my window pane at the moment along with the clacking of the keyboard. If I listened hard enough, I am sure I'd hear other sounds like the buzz from the alarm clock across the room or the ceiling fan swooshing the air around. But I don't. I just hear those two distinctly different "taps".
This is technically my first blog ever. So I must forewarn the reader, I am a horrific speller and I tend to over punctuate, so if this annoys you stop reading now...............
Today was unremarkable. It's my only day of the week off, so I tend to be lazy keeping my "to do's" to a minimum. Today was no different. I napped on and off, I vacuumed, and I finished a book. Something that was uncharacteristic of me, the day, was I went to the nearby convenience store and purchased a Diet Dr. Pepper and a lotto ticket. Come this time next week, I could be a millionaire! HA!
Last Sunday I worked on photos I took. One of them is cat you see at the top of this blog. I traveled to an area known for feral cats. Usually there are more then you can count, but that day was hot and I suppose most of them were hiding in the shade of nearby brush. I call this feral Princess. It had a noticeable injury to its' nose. As I crawled on my belly to get closer to it, it stood its' ground. Not moving. Not hissing. But there was an air about its' confidence and its' right to sit right there that I felt no need to get closer.
As I snapped photos of this beautiful creature, I wondered what had happened to its nose. What had Princess seen in its lifetime? Did it have a home with a warm lap to sleep on at one point? Or was it always homeless? Why didn't it run like the others when I exited my vehicle? Was it as curious about me as I was about it? The list of questions started to mount yet none would ever be answered.
Maybe I can related at some level? I tend to keep people at arms length. My personality, at times, commands attention. I am strongly independent. I have noticeable scars from cancer. Imperfect to some; a failure to others, but kind, loyal, trustful, and successful to the majority. Just like this feral to humans versus its' other feral family & friends.
Back to the tapping of the rain on my window. It is a little louder now and I think there was a thunderclap in there somewhere in the midst of my thoughts. I better bring this to a close. Goodnight Princess. I hope you are safe from the storm, but something tells me you are.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.