Sunday, August 16, 2009

AUGUST

I picked today as the day to do some major cleaning of the ol' place. I wanted to get an early start on this because my living room window faces the west, and it is a freaking sauna in here by 2pm until 9pm even with fans and the air conditioning.

First I started by going to Target to get some METHOD cleaning products and ended up with a few extra unintentional items for my outside foyer. DOH! It's the start of fall season for most of the country. School has started in some parts and harvest of grain, beans, and soon sunflowers will be taking place. It doesn't feel like fall here, no start of changing of the colors to look forward too, just another smoking hot summer day.

I vacuumed, scrubbed, washed, dusted, and organized with the scent of a pumpkin spice soy candle burning on the stove top and Kings of Leon (my new favorite cd) playing through the speakers of my stereo. In the midst, the construction crew whom has been painting the outside of the building, knocked on my door to get to my patio to replace the screens that had been cut in the process.

My place is spic n' span and it is even starting to cool off a bit. THANK GOODNESS! Think I will take my second shower of the day, something that is nearly a must in the summer here.




Photo - my fall items that will be taken over by spiders and bugs within a day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.