Saturday, August 1, 2009

SMURFS


Photo Credit: Google images
It's Saturday morning, and I'd like to think if I didn't have to get up to go to work, I'd be sleeping in. Truth is if it was a day off, my eyes would have probably popped open at 6:30 with no alarm and my mind would start racing about things on the to-do list. As it is, my body yearns for another 15 mins in the warm comfy bed and my eyes filled with sleep attempt to stay open, I can't help to think about Saturday mornings as a kid.

Saturdays, of coarse, had the best cartoons usually earlier the better. One of my favorites was a small village deep within the forest. Within this village were houses made out of mushrooms where little blue people, The Smurfs, lived.

There seemed to be hundreds of them, and what I never understood was, how could there be so many including a Papa-Smurf but yet no Mama-Smurf? Did Azrael snatch her up in his kitty-cat sharp teeth? Did she die during a smurf-birth? Or did she just loose her mind after having so many smurfs and make a run for the hills?

Within this tale, Baby Smurf was just dropped off by a stork in the middle of the night and the Smurf colony, just adopted him. But what if that was just a cover and he was really Smurfette's baby with Hefty, or Poet, or Handy Smurf? After all, she was made by the wizard Gargamel to cause havoc with all the others. (It was Papa Smurf who undid the spell and made her so sweet.....so says the story anyways. ;O))

Just sayin' is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.