
PHOTO: Locked Out 2009
Have you ever had such a kick in the arse that it made you take a minute (or more) to step back and look around? Has your life ever been threatened by crime, accident, or a deadly disease such as cancer, that you rejoiced in second chances? And what if your time was up after that? Did you make good on the promises you made yourself?
Since fighting for my second chance in life, I'd like to think I have made good for the most part, but I admit in the last couple months I have been "off" and spent more time chasing my own tail then going out and doing something about that list of short/long term goals. Uncertainty or lack of finances, take your pick, does it really matter? Excuses are just excuses. They mean nothing other to make the person who is making them feel better.....l-a-m-e.
After a week like the one I just experienced, it just reinforced me to get my act together, to remind me that second chances don't last forever. How pitiful I am not using every avenue available to me to experience the joy of the journey, to learn, to love more deeply. Hello GOD, I hear you, thanks for the kick in the butt I needed.
As a patient would say at the end of their appointment(s): SUCCESS!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.