Sunday, March 7, 2010

OH CINDERELLA!




I have loved the Disney movie Cinderella since I was a child. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was my ultimate favorite, but it ranks in the top 5 along with The Rescuers, The Jungle Book, Snow White, and Lady & The Tramp. I have a Cinderella themed quarter sleeve on my left arm. Within this tattoo you will see Jax & Gus, Lucifer the cat, the pumpkin carriage, and Cinderella herself of coarse. What is missing is the prince and that was done on purpose.

My love for the story of Cinderella was because she proved that if you work hard enough and believe hard enough, all your dreams can come true. A prince may come into your life, or he may not, either way she has thick enough skin that protects her kind heart, and she has the determination to make it in life no matter what is thrown at her. Of coarse I would like to have a prince in my life, but I don't need him in my life to make it complete. That is the difference between want and need after all.

My Cinderella is in her tattered dress to remind me of the challenges I have had to overcome, Jax & Gus are to remind me to keep humor in my life, Lucifer is to remind me there is always going to be a naysayer(s), and the pumpkin carriage is for the possibilities that lie ahead. I also asked the artist to give my Cinderella tattoos because that is what I see is beautiful.

And there you have it, the story behind the ink.

What's your story?


LL

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a gorgeous tattoo. I've been wanting to get a small guardian angel on my right shoulder because my ass has been pulled from the fire so many times in my life and I thought I should give her some credit. But I really wanted Kim from L.A. Ink to do it and haven't been able to get a hold of her yet. I will though. Nice writing. - Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.