Saturday, October 24, 2009

HAPPY PLACE


I recently redecorated my patio. I figured since it had just been painted and looked SO much better then before, I should rid the rusty outdoor chairs & table and replace it with something more "me". I had been eyeing a Crackle Barrel rocker for many years, but thought they were too pricey (130.00), that was until I was at a CB and noticed that this white slatted rocker had been marked down to 97.00. I looked it over and sure it had a few scuffs on the rockers, but nothing that I couldn't paint over. The only catch was that it was a no return policy, but since I had sat in it and looked it over, I didn't think much of it.

I was so giddy with my "savings" that the next day I went to Lowe's to see if I could find a pillow and rubber mat (sometimes the flooring gets wet when it rains diagonally). I found both clearanced out since it is now technically "winter" in some parts of this country (not here as it is 92 degrees today!), and as I was making my way out of the store, I looked over and what do I see? White slatted rockers! Not only were they identical to my Crackle Barrel rocker (minus the CB medallion), they were 70.00!!!! I really didn't care if I had an "official" CB rocker rather just a nice rocker for my porch, but it is what it is, as I never go to Lowe's so I would have never had known they sell them.

I love it out there now. It's my happy place where I can read, meditate, or just simply relax without the buzz of the tv or radio. I can watch canoer's move up and down the river through the opening of trees while rocking back n' forth. The only thing I am missing is a wind chime, then it should be complete.

Where is your happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.