Friday, November 20, 2009

514





Photo: one of my baby sweaters

514 is the number of square feet of my rented la casa. When I first moved to the south in 2006, such little space didn't bother me given I didn't have much (only what could fit in a 4 door Pontiac Grand Am). I slept on an single air mattress (that I'd awake to laying flat on the floor because the air leaked out) for the first three months. I finally saved enough for a sofa sleeper and slept in my living room for about another three months until my awesomely-thoughtful sister purchased me a bed.

Slowly but surely my place started to fill up especially after family moved my dresser, cedar chest, jewelry case down from the midwest. Each time my lease is up I swear I am moving into a bigger place, yet I don't because I hate moving. I am not allowed to paint, and I do not wish to spend money on curtains since it is almost a guarantee that they won't fit in the next place. But I am happy to say after living here for 3.5 years I finally did something to decorate my bedroom. Before it had no theme/style but now it kinda feels more homey. What's best is that I spent less then 25 bucks for this upgrade! All is left now is to sand down & paint my dresser white then distress it, but I will wait until after the holidays.

I think my favorite part is that I finally figured out what to do with the little crochet butterfly doilies that were made by relatives in Norway. They are small doilies that are folded in half then tied in the middle with wire to make the antennas. Up until now, they have been stored in a zip lock baggie for the last 7+ years.

Butterflies have many symbolic meanings. For me, they are angels showing their presence to the living..........

I drove 2,018 miles by myself for a job in my career field. The car was so crammed that I prayed I wouldn't get pulled over as I knew I'd get ticketed for having 3 out of the 4 door windows blocked not to mention the entire back window. As I made my way through Missouri, I stopped for a bite to eat. I ordered a hamburger from a fast food joint then sat out on the grass near a creek. Feeling a bit down & alone, I glanced over my map making mental note of any big junctions coming up, when a single butterfly came down and landed on my map. I figured it was Branon letting me know he was right there with me. Like always, he was there when I needed him. What a lucky girl I am.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.