Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yeah I Farted So What?!?



Today I was in the department alone with a new patient. As I was talking to her about the importance of her stretching routine she let one squeak out. I was caught off guard of coarse, but just gave her a sympathy smile and attempted to continue my speech. She was clearly embarrassed and apologized so I tried make light of the situation (I mean come on, sometimes they slip so unexpectedly even the owner of the fart is surprised!) & went back to subject in hand, however, it was obvious she couldn't carry a train of thought from that point on.

Yeah I farted so what?!?

That was a line said by Calamity Jane a few times throughout the HBO series Deadwood. Have you ever wondered who deemed it rude to pass gas? My initial thought was some Queen made up the rule, but after some googling, I found that it allegedly stemmed from Biblical times as blenching and farting were associated with gluttony. Hmm.

Looking to waste some time? Read up on the history of farts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.