Saturday, January 23, 2010

FINDING SLEEPING BEAUTY

There is a story that goes something like this ~ there once was a girl of the age of 16 that was killed in a car accident. Her parents were devastated and couldn't bare the thought of her being buried/not see her so they had a special tamper-proof glass casket made for her. She rested above ground on top of a circular cement slab at the cemetery so they could visit/view her anytime they wanted. Sadly, people started to vandalized the casket trying to see if they could penetrate the glass and get to Sleeping Beauty (the name the teenagers at that time called her). Time and time again her parents would repair and clean the casket until one day the casket just disappeared. No one knows if the girl & her casket were stolen or taken and placed somewhere else by her parents. According to the story, the parents have never spoken of the mystery of what happened to their Sleepy Beauty.

My source said that the cement slab is still there along with the grave stone, so of coarse I decided I must go see if at least the slab exists. I didn't find the slab or the cemetery, but I did come across these great finds instead:


Photo: THIS OLD HOUSE/LOVE SHACK


Photo: FOOLS RUSH IN

Note: I did not tamper with anything in the room in which the sleeper-sofa & bra were found. That is how I found it.

I also came across a horse pasture. I will let you in on a little secret. I am nervous around horses. Yes. It is true. You laugh, but I have a good reason. I approximate myself as about 8 years old when my ma brought us down to a festival in the park kind of deal at the University Park. It was there where I came upon a pony in a petting zoo type area. I went up to the pony and petted its nose and it reached over and BIT me in the stomach! This ssssseriously hurt so I went to find an area where there wasn't a lot of people around and lifted up my sundress to assess the damage. Sure enough, bright red teeth marks circled my belly button. Now to the pony's defense, she/he probably thought I was going to feed it a handful of feed or carrots, but instead I was just petting its nose, so I guess maybe my sundress sufficed for an afternoon snack?

Anyhoos.....here I am putting out my hand to this sweet beast to attempt to overcome my fear:


.......after I snapped this photo, he sneezed, and I 'bout pist my pants.

P.S. GOOOO VIKINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.