1. Nearly killed a raccoon. I awoke to this awful racket in the middle of the night. It came from near my kitchen window. My first thought was: "I am going to die." This is usually always my first thought when I awake in the middle of the night from a noise. I crept into my kitchen and peeked out the window. No burglar. Just a raccoon standing in the corner of the foyer with my recycling bins in a disarray around him. I tapped on the window. He arches his back and looks at me through the glass. "YOU!" I poked towards him with my finger. "DEAD." He seemed to understand the message because I haven't heard/seen from him since.
2. I renegotiated my 12 month lease for my apartment. They wanted to increase the rent, I told them if they did, I would move. After a little back n' forth, they agree to a new lease with no rent increase. This means: I have 13 months to get my ass in gear, but so far 2010 is showing some promise, so it's looking good.
2. I started and finished the quick read Firefly Lane that is being passed around in our office book exchange. I thought the author did the book an injustice by adding the love triangle. I never felt Johnny was good enough for Katie from that point on, however, I also felt Katie was far too needy and needed a backbone. I was put off by the fact Katie was always too busy/tired to spend time writing while she was healthy, however, when she is laying there dying of stage 4 cancer that has spread to her brain causing her to be forgetful/zombie-like/weak that she suddenly had the all the strength (and memory) in the world to write in a journal about her life with her best friend (aka emotional vampire Tully). With that said, I would still try another book from Kristin Hannah.
3. My new-but-used book from amazon: 1000 Places To See Before You Die arrived earlier in the week. I paid 4.96 with S&H included and this book doesn't have a mark in it! I paged through it at the gym this morning, however, I didn't get very far. Ireland is looking more and more like a country to visit though. If you haven't tried purchasing used books, you should!
Photo credit: google images
Photo credit: google images4. Watched UP last night. SQUIRREL! Yeah, it's a children's movie, so what? And yeah, it was a Friday night, so what?

5. One of my teammates and I traveled for a tattoo expo earlier today. Neither of us got any ink. It was a pretty small convention but some great talent to be found. I passed out some serum samples from job number 2 then we found the closest sushi restaurant to where we gorged ourselves silly. I even had a piece of fried cheesecake while Miss Brooke knocked down two mixed drinks. There goes the calorie count for the day! DOH!
6. Worked 55 hours between job 1 & 2 and still got a workout at the gym in everyday plus got all my chores/errands done, plus finished a book, plus watched a movie! On a roll I tell ya!

7. My cowl arrived today in the mail. I had ordered this a couple weeks ago, but since it was coming from the UK it took a while to get across the pond. L.O.V.E it! Here is Miss Julia's blog here on blogspot.
And there you have it, the week of January 11th - 16th 2010.
I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.