Sunday, January 31, 2010

FOR THE LOVE OF MAKEUP

Photo: MORE LOVE

When it comes to makeup, some folks would say that KISS comes to mind, leave it to me to be the one that thinks of Motley Crue (hey, they were better looking!). I also think of my Uncle Rey and his now ex-wife, Kathy. Growing up they would gift us the typical girl stuff like clothes, dolls, etc...however when we reached the difficult-to-buy-for age we started to get.....makeup! (Sure ma loved this! *wink*) Not just any makeup, but the Maybelline makeup kits that had over a dozen different eye shadow shades, three blushes, and a lip gloss or two. And this is where my love of makeup started.

I'd apply makeup to my face, my friend's faces, and my Mattel Doll Styling Head, usually all with a fairly light touch despite it was the 80s and more the better was the decade's motto IMO. (Hair was another story as seen below!)

Something else my aunt & uncle gave me was a used Kodak Instamatic 100 film camera.
I was thrilled to finally have my own camera were I could take snap shots of things that fascinated kids like rocks, leaves, pets, and friends. Where some of those photos are now I don't know nor do I know where that camera went. I suspect when I upgraded it was tossed in a garage sale or given away as I wasn't much for hanging onto things when I was a teenager (this includes most of my drawings, paintings, and poetry), however this morning I found a Instamatic on etsy (.com) for mere 10 bucks. Doubt it works, but I just wanted it for the memories/display of how my love for photography started.


Photo: google images
Photo: GILLIGAN
Happy snapping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.