Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Way It Is


Photo: google images

1. I get a kick out of *SOME* my Midwest friends who make comments about there is no such thing as global warming because they are in the midst of a freeze out. News flash. You live in the Midwest where such temperatures are not unheard as of yet, but in the last couple of years the southern states (including the one I live in) of the US are getting flattened by horrendous hurricanes (caused by what? wanna hint? warmer-then-usual water caused by......global warming.). You wanna use this excuse to bitch about not wanting to purchase better fuel mileaged vehicles. Well if you really like supporting foreign oil then knock yourself out, but really, who cares if you think GW is a farce, how much effort does it really take to do a little recycling, use earth-human friendly products, turn off a light, or reuse your water bottle? (I mean look at all the money you'd save to put into your gas guzzler?) Now you may think my opinion is rude, but I am subjected to your daily Facebook status updates on the subject, so consider us even.

2. Saying "eat a sandwich" to a thin person is just as hurtful as saying "put down the ice cream" to a over weight person.

3. People who say celebrities (such as Sandra Bullock) who have donated a million plus to the Haiti disaster relief do so only for a tax break really need to get their head out of their ass. Some celebrities have compassion too, but even if not, who cares what an individuals motivation is in such a situation - wouldn't you rather the moneys go to charity then to the US government so they can misspend it somehow?

4. I have been told recently I set my standards too high for men. Why not? Why wouldn't I want to be with someone who holds me up then pulls me down? I have settled before and that got me nowhere fast. My heart is worth any high standard I place upon it. When I start whining about being single is when you can give me the too high of standard speech....which will be n-e-v-e-r.

5. I think the whole O'Brien/Leno dealio caused by NBC is just a shame.

Just another installment of "just gonna say it".

Enjoy your day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.