
I am covered in sea salt. If you splashed some tequila and slathered crushed fruit on me, I'd be a human Margarita. Tis is what happens when you walk at the beach. You leave with some crazy hair, sand stuck to your feet/legs, and a layer of salt covering your body....but it's made all worth while as your mind is clear and at peace.
Rewind:
Somehow I decided to not only wake up at 6am (without an alarm) but to get dressed, eat, and be at the beach by the 6:47am sunrise. This is a small feat because I am usually a slow mover in the morning. It was breathtaking as usual. If you don't live near an ocean, no worries, look up the sunrise time for the day on the Internet then plop your butt outside and look east. You can't miss it as long as rain isn't in the forecast. Everyone should take in a sunrise at least once in their life time (coming home at sunrise from an all-nighter doesn't really count. ;))
I took a few photos with my cell phone then started on my walk. The thing about walking on the beach is, you usually forget how long you have walked until you have to pee. As I hurried made my way back to the park where my car was parked, I passed many fishermen, birds plucking at the sand, and other walkers/joggers. I was trying to stay focused because the urge to run into the ocean and just pee there was getting stronger. This is when I came upon a middle aged man. In his speedo.
Have you ever heard of Carrie Bradshaw's (Sex & The City) squeal she makes when she is surprised/startled? Look up on Youtube. That is the exact sound I made then promptly clutched my belly as my bladder went straight into spasms. Fellas. There are very few reasons to wear a speedo and none of them make them look "hot". Swim meets/Olympic trials would be one situation where a speedo is called for. The other? Well there really isn't one. Not even in the privacy of your backyard and certainly not at a public beach.
Women do not find these sexy. At. All.
Kindly take note.
This public announcement was brought to you by:


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.