Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sundays: simple moments of joy


The photo heading this blog was taken by my sister. She has an incredible talent of catching spectacular moments of emotion, especially with children. This is one of my current favorites. It reminds me of innocent childhoods filled with simple moments of joy.


Since today is Sunday (for most folks reading this), I thought I'd share what my Sundays that brought me simple moments of joy as a child growing up were:



  • Tim would drop my sister and I off back at my mother's before 8am so we could get ready for Sunday School followed by church. While procrastinating I'd lay in the sun rays entering in from the open front door with our cat, Motormouth.

  • Every once in a while my mother would pass us a note during church service saying: Cheese attack at Paradiso? (A local Mexican restaurant were we'd overload on cheese such as: nachos and main dishes.) Which would instantly put smiles on our faces.

  • Wiggling in my seat & flapping my arms listening to the Chicken Dance on the AM Radio while traveling to gma's for our weekly visit.

  • Making homemade Play-Doh with gma.

  • Collecting Lilacs from outside and putting them in water filled mason jars.

  • Swinging on the swings at a park nearby gma's or sliding down the metal slide (that would usually burn our butts on a hot summer day).

  • Playing a game of UNO or Trouble after dinner with my sister & mother.
Now my Sunday simple moments of joy consist of sleeping in and allowing myself to be lazy enough to re energize for the upcoming week. I hope however you wish to spend your Sunday is bringing you some simple moments of joy as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. How do you make homemade Play-Doh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I remember is flour, a bit of water, and food coloring, so I googled it for you and here is a website that has many different receipes:

    http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/activities/a/playdough.htm

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.