Saturday, May 8, 2010

You Just Gotta Roll With It

Nearly two weeks ago I was informed that my second job was no longer because the bulk of the work was going to be completed through a distribution company in Las Vegas. I will still work on a small account that is owned by job #2 and there is 1 to 2 possibilities of a traveling assignment(s) through the rest of this year, however, other then that it is done. I'd dealt with the shock & loss the best way I could (I had high hopes for the work I was doing for them plus I am out a chunk of change each month) and just laid the rest up to fate. He apparently has something bigger and better in store for me right?

The majority of my work was done for this job on the Saturday mornings I did not work my "real job" (the one that pays the bills and the one I went to college for...twice and of coarse the one I love just as much doing) which I rotate with my teammates, but I also would find myself logging on and working about an hour a day as well, so what to do with all my new found time??

For starters, my apartment has been cleaner then it has been in the last two years! But I also found myself saying "yes" to activities that I could not before due to time restrictions. Then last Saturday I went for a bike ride on the sand trails (which my knees swelled up for three days afterwards but it was still fun!) which I hadn't done in a really long time, and today I walked over the causeway for the first time in the four years I have lived here.

one of the many causeways leading to beach side

I have heard people talk about walking, jogging, running, or biking over the causeway through work and it sounded fun, especially when I heard if the water is calm below you can see dolphins playing. (Next to sea turtles, dolphins are my favorite) Since our mornings are still pretty mild (afternoons are another story!) with the heat/humidity index I decided to go for it this morning.


The start of the way up the causeway at 7am this morning

Now I am a moderately active person. I mean I am a trainer for goodness sake! However I found myself kinda pooped at the end. Maybe it was all the fresh air? Yeah. I'll go with that! I didn't wear my iPod because I am also trying to be more "in the now" and enjoy the sounds of my surroundings.... I enjoyed listening to the birds chirp and the laughter of other patrons on the causeway, but I also heard splashing from below and that is when I saw the dolphins.



Even with it's twists n' turns isn't life grand? :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.