Sunday, November 29, 2009

CHASING AMY




Photo: me in front of my high school 2009


It was my first day of my 10th grade year at a new high school. I was starting at the beginning of the second semester, so I really was the newbie in the halls, and since I was on crutches (knee surgery) I stuck out like sore thumb.

My high school was 4 floors, so I got out of each class 5 minutes early so I could make it to my next class on time without causing a traffic jam in the halls. One of my classes was Spanish II taught by this short pudgy gray haired woman named Mrs. Berg. This is the same class where I met Miss Amy. Amy was a friendly and outgoing girl who seemed to know everyone. I don't recall exactly when or how (I presume it was through me, but I am not exactly sure) she met Pat (Branon's friend), but they dated for about a year or so, so we all four hung out a lot even though both Branon & Pat went to the "other" high school across town.

During one of our school spirit prep rallies, she and I got this brilliant idea to skip out and drive over to visit the boys. We got back in time for our next class, but little did we know we missed the senior group photo on the front steps of our high school!

I went back to visit family over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was the first time I have spent the holidays back since 1996 so it was pretty fun....but I couldn't resist. Here I am on the steps of the high school. 15 years late, but I finally made it for the senior photo!!

1 comment:

  1. A month later and I am just now getting to this! I want to say I met Pat at a class, however I'm not 100% on that. I knew I hadn't been in the class photo, but couldn't remember why I had skipped? Fun stuff and great memory! At least one of us can be counted on for these things. Love your blogs and adore the insight into Miss Lucky's mind. Wishing you Good Things always~
    A

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.