Friday, December 25, 2009

The Mouse




I have had the above dresser since I was a tot. I believe it came from my grandparents farmhouse but I am not 100% certain on that. I do know it's been painted many colors: white, pink, blue, rustic brown, and then black. About 10 years ago, I decided I was going to strip it down to the bare wood but the drawers were the only thing I completed before I realized I have no such patience, and so there it has sat looking like this ever since.

I have talked about painting and distressing it for about 2 years now and just did so yesterday. (H-U-R-R-A-Y!) I scuffed the black paint with my new sander (The Mouse made by Craftsman) I found on clearance for $24.95 at Sears (Merry Christmas to me!) about a week ago. I then put two coats of white semi-gloss paint on the entire dresser. The articles I had read on distressing said to wait at minimum of 4 hours but I waited about 9 before I started to lightly sand the corners of the drawers and dresser itself. Lastly, I put a dab of paint on my brush and did quick swoops over the spots I thought looked too bare.

Wa-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.