
Photo: "A New Day" 2009
I love mornings. I love waking up to the sun rising, the silence in the room, how incredibly soft the sheets feel on my skin. My shoulders feel light, my head clear, and the possibilities of the day seem endless. Doesn't matter if I have to work that day or not, the first few minutes are always the best, and are ones I treasure.
This photo was taken in the wee hours of the morning, and I think it captures exactly how I feel in those first few minutes of a new day. I had spotted this tree while hunting for a junk yard to take some photos of old cars. The neighborhood this tree was in was not the safest nor the cleanest so I decided to come back the early the next day. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I would not have captured how the rising sun's light fell down around the tree. How it seems to guide your eyes up. How peaceful a new day really is.
As said in the children's movie Kung Fu Panda: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present." Although hard as it may, one should think of it that way when dealing with a difficult co-worker, a needy family member, or an inconsiderate friend. In the stresses of everyday life or with health concerns. It's all in the way you look it.
I hope you had a wonderful day and tomorrow is even better.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.