Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ya Had To Have Been There (Moment)




Photo credit: veganmonth.com


My sister is a vegan, and although I do not follow this way of living myself, I do admire her determination and self control to do so. With that said, let me tell you a story........

Last December my sister and ma came to visit me for a weekend. On one of our outings, we stopped at an establishment at my request. My mother made her order and I stepped up to the counter to make mine. It was then my sister's turn. She stood at the counter looking up at the menu, she was very quiet and seemed to be taking it all in. She then sincerely said: "Do you have anything Dairy-free?". The counter person looked quite perplexed. There was a moment of silence and then I nearly buckled over to the floor in a fit of laughter. This wasn't just any ha-ha moment. It was first we snort, then our eyes start to water, then we gasp for air because the belly laugh has taken completely over.

My mother, who did not hear the request, stood there looking confused at my outburst, but then started to slowly giggle because I was laughing so heartily. I tried very hard to stop embarrassing myself but the sentence my sister just spoke was just so unbearably funny to me and was repeating in my head (not to mention the look on the counter person's face). This was because we were at the Dairy Queen.

Now for you, the reader, this may have brought out a chuckle or maybe just a smirk, however, I type this because I cannot tell the story without having to pause multiple times through laughter. It's probably one of those stories you have to label under: Ya had to have been there.

P.S. My sister's side of the story would include that Orange Julius has dairy free treats, but again I will point out that I was laughing at the fact that we were at the DAIRY Queen asking for something dairy-free. ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.